Sunday, December 21, 2008

Best Christmas Present Ever

Whether it was by trickery, coercion or divine intervention, all of my duckies were with me at sacrament meeting today. It didn't really sink in that it was going to happen until I saw it happen. Sometime between the opening prayer and the opening song, my face started leaking. I was so overwhelmed with joy. I felt like this is what it must be like when we are reunited as a forever family. I also felt like this is what it is all about. I have suffered more than my share of adversity this year. If I knew it was going to culminate with such joy and hope and peace, I would faced the adveristy more cheerfully.
After church, it was Christmas at my mother's house. She made stockings for everyone this year. They are super cute.
I know this looks like my skirt but it is a blanket. I know I am fat, but not that fat.
After a short nap, or quiet time for some of us, we went to the Ingalls' for dessert. Not that we needed more dessert, but we just wanted to enjoy their company before the holidays really set in.
Mike taught us how to make Christmas mice and then Roxanne taught us how to play "nertz." (sp?)
We ate some of the mice, watched the Christmas devotional, played nertz (Roxanne won) and overstayed our welcome.
Christmas just can't get better than this.

4 comments:

nanamoo said...

It gave me a happy tear to see you all sitting together too :)

Melody said...

That was wonderful I know for all of you to be at church together and to top it off, you had a day filled with family. Sounds like a great start to Christmas for sure!

Danette Garrett said...

You so lucky! I was happy to see Maddy and Parky.

Jordan Mathews said...

I am so glad madison is here when I saw her I was shocked, so I spaced in words!