Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference Part Duh

I have a confession to make. My Sunday conference viewing was quite dichotomus. I was either so enthralled with the talks (Uchtdorf and Holland) or I was sleeping (afternoon session) that my notes are not as copius as Saturday's sessions. I did manage a few.

The gospel of Jesus Christ has the answers to all the problems of my life. It unlocks the doors of true happiness which in turn gives me faith and hope.

Discipleship is not a spectator sport. It is a journey. The first step is where I am. I do not have to pre-qualify.

If I give up on myself, the Lord never will.

Keeping my covenants will be a badge of courage for the eternities.

Change and challenge are part of God's plan. Through temptations and trials I am properly tested.

Jesus Christ said, I will not leave you comfortless. My Father and I will be with you.

God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and a strong mind.

My future is as bright as my faith.

You can't be a lifesaver if you look like all the other swimmers on the beach.

I go to church to serve others.

After the morning session, we were able to be a part of the baptismal service for Brother Keith Johnson. The Ingalls were kind enough to invite us over while he was being taught the discussions. He is a great guy and a strong spirit. Make sure you get to know him. Roxanne made home made cinnamon rolls to tide us over til after conference. The huge amounts of sugar icing is what put me to sleep. It's all her fault. They were delicious.

DSCF1559 DSCF1563 

DSCF1572DSCF1565

 DSCF1569 …and we got to see Elder Moore one last time!

1 comment:

Danette Garrett said...

I had to get out my dictionary and look up dichotomous, and now I understand. I had the same problem the first session on sunday. Our tv is in the bedroom and for the most part I was wide awake enjoying the talks but toward the end(during the relief society sister) I must have nodded off. I completey missed her talk. Thankfully I recorded the session and can go back and watch it again.