For the past several years, we have spent conference weekend with the Garretts. Jensen would spend the night and then we would go over in the morning and Lew and Kyle would make breakfast. Last night, Jensen and I were trying to figure out what to do with ourselves. I knew Jensen was on the outs with here school friends, nothing major, just annoyed with the drama. I said, "I miss Melena. You never got annoyed with Melena." She said, "I know! me too. I would just go over there and say I'm spending the night! They would say ok."
We lamented or situation and then decided to drown our sorrows in ice cream. We set off on our journey of walking downtown to Strawberry's. It was a beautiful night for walking. We were chatting and having a good time when we arrived at the four way stop signs. We were waiting our turn to cross the street when a gigantic Cadillac cut a huge swath right in front of us. I thought they were trying to take us out. It was Dana and Mikki. Dana said. Hop in! We'll go have ice cream with you." So we did.
Because of the street pary the night before, Strawberry's only had 8 nasty flavors left. And none of them were chocolate. Arrrgh! Good thing I didn't have to walk the whole way or it would have really been an ugly scene. I had called ahead to see what time they closed and the girl didn't mention anything about the lack of chocalate. I guess they really wanted to get rid of that nasty orange-pineapple I had to choke down.
We still miss the Garretts but we had a great replacement...from the same family!
1 comment:
I think that we miss you more. We always looked forward to breakfast with the Clayton's at conference time. We miss Lew's egg hashbrown casserole dish and biscuits. Can you get here in 20 minutes? Kyle is making french fries.
Post a Comment