Madison and I had to leave the funeral as soon as the services were over. We were not able to attend the cemetary services because they were all the way in Bushnell. Our flight was leaving at 5:45pm. My brother Jeff drove us to the airport. I had never been to the Sanford Airport. We got there a little early because I have heard all of the horror stories about the lines at the airports. We didn't check bags because Allegiant Airlines charges for every extra service. I guess that's why there base price is so reasonable.
I had read ahead of time about how we were supposed to pack our toiletries so I complied with all of the regulations. All lotions, gels and liquids were to be packed in 3 oz bottles and then placed in a ziploc bag. I was nervous because they only had 4 oz bottles at Walgreens. I kind of fudged when airport security asked if it was 3.4 oz or less. "Sure", I said, as I was whispering in my head, "Please don't read the small print, please don't read the small print." I placed my shoes and pack on the scanner belt. I walked through the metal detector and it beeped! I had forgotten my cell phone in my pocket! Ooops! I took it out and placed it on the belt. They must have sensed my fear because I had to be pulled over and searched. I was more afraid of passing through security thatn I was of the plane going down.
Them: "Put your feet on the footprints on the ground. We are going to do a large object search."
Me (in my mind, of course): "Whaaat? Large object search? Well, here's my butt. And here's my thighs? What else? How large?"
Luckily, I passed and we were on our way. We only had our backpacks and our carry-ons. I felt like a college student, off to see the world with literally the clothes on my back. It was very exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment