Three weeks without running water in the kitchen was a long time. I had to do dishes the old fashioned way, in the tub. Just kidding. but I did do them in a bucket in the bathroom. We tried to eat out a lot but that gets old after a while. Notice the tile missing? Guess where our next remodel is? Not the bathroom, but it is on the list.Stevie Wonder and his helper hard at work. Looks like Steve is doing all the work and Boy Wonder is observing. The wire that tried to kill me.
Third time is a charm...We had to order the countertop three times from Lowe's. The first time it was wrongly measured. Kind of our fault, but kind of not. They ate the cost. They said they didn't have to but they would to keep our business. (I think everyone is desperate in this financial crisis.) The second time it came with a big gaping hole. The guy brought it out with his hand over it, like we wouldn't notice. Then he told Lew that he could fix it with a little epoxy, etc. Uh, no! They would take off $200. Uh, still no. Their fault. They reordered and said they would deliver it for free! Ok, we'll take that one. It was finally delivered Saturday and Stevie Wonder was able to install it. Isn't it beautiful? Makes me want to cry. Not really.
I had to clean it off already to take pictures for the blog. Four months without a countertop and I wanted to fill it up with STUFF right away. Next we have to put in the floor and then do a tile backsplash. Stay tuned.
6 comments:
That has been a long time, and the kitchen looks awesome!
It looks great Debbie!
I didn't know you were washing your dishes like that. I don't think I would survive.
You're amazing!
Fabulous! Love it!
Its beautful!
*tear
It looks wonderful, great, fantastic. When are we invited for dinner?
Wow, it is beautiful. I am jealous. I would love to remodel my kitchen. It's the black and white theme and I am tired of it. I want my oak cabinets and tile floor back.
Post a Comment