Two years ago, for Mother's Day, my kids and Lew had given me a gift certificate for a facial and a massage. I had told them before that all I ever wanted for my birthday, Mother's Day and Christmas was a gift certificate for a massage. (I don't really like material possessions as you all know, I'm a minimalist.)I figured that would give me a massage three times a year.
I put the gift certificate in my drawer and I was going to save it for a day when I wasn't stressed and when I had nothing else to do. When you get a massage they tell you to go home an take an epsom salt bath and then relax, yeah right. Guess what I figured out? There is never a time when I am not stressed! Today I figured that I had nothing else to do so I was going to get my massage. I had things to do but they were on my "it would be nice to do" list not my "had to do list".
My gift certificate was actually expired but I called and they said they would honor it. Woo Hoo! Off I went to get my massage. My favorite place to go, actually the only place I've been is here. A massage to me is like going to the beach. I have to think about it and rationalize it then pick the perfect day and clear my schedule and then when I get there it is so wonderful I ask myself, "Why didn't I do this sooner?" Then I promise, "I'm going to do this more often".
This time the gift certificate for a facial AND a massage. I have never, ever had a facial before. What a treat. When the lady was giving me the massage she said, "I'm going to use this new essential oil I got at the last conference. It smells like lemon and tiki. Is that ok?" I was thinking, "Honey I don't care if you use motor oil and vinegar as long as you keep kneading the sore spots." But, I didn't say that I just grunted a quiet, "Sure".
Ladies, if you have never had a massage before, GET ONE! They are wonderful. The first time is awkward if you are a never nude. You get over it real quick.
1 comment:
wow...it sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment