
I don't know their official title so I am going to call them "The Middletons"
I guess I need to share my opinion of the Royal Wedding. I'm not really "into" the wedding schmedding gala. I really don't approve of the 34 million dollars or pounds that was spent. I'm just glad I'm not British and have to worry about my money being spent that way. I have enough to worry about as to where my tax dollars go. But that's just me being a minimalist. There is another side of me that is fascinated by the event. I don't remember ever thinking that I was a princess when I was younger. I was quite the tomboy so I'm pretty sure I was the solider guarding the princess. I now consider myself a princess of a King, it's not the same, I know. No pomp and circumstance needed for me.
I have to admit that I watched the highlights with intrigue. There are some things that I liked about it. I liked that Kate's dress was simple and modest. I'm not a big fan of lace but, it looked good on her. I like that they honored a lot of Princess Di's traditions and memories. I think Kate is absolutely stunning! I think Princess Di would have approved. No wonder William fell in love with her, she's a lot like his mother. I like that instead of a bunch of cut flowers, she used live tress in Westminster Abbey. For a long time after my Happily-Ever-After was thwarted, I only believed in Good-Enough-Ever-After. After seeing these two kiss as a Prince and Princess, I have to say I might believe in Happily-Ever-After again. I think they might get it. One day maybe I'll get Happily-Ever-After. I have to hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment