Monday, May 9, 2011

Best Mother's Day Ever

I loved the years that my kids made me breakfast in bed or homemade cards or picked wild flowers for Mother's Day but I have to say that I also love that they are all three working, including the little one with babysitting.

This year they all three chipped in and bought me a gift certificate for a one hour deep tissue massage! Oh yeah baby! That's what I'm talking about. They are so in tune with my needs. They know that I'm a little stressed lately for some reason. Maybe it's because my head spins and I spew ugly words. Do you think that's it? Maybe they had their own needs in mind when they bought it. If mama's happy, everybody's happy? Nah, I think they did it because they love me. They also bought me some lotion from Bath and Body Works. It has become the girls in this house new favorite store. I bet Parker uses the lotion when we aren't looking. Sometimes his skin gets ashy too! And I also got a Zen Garden. Do you see a link? All things to try and get mom to relax.

After church we had my mom and step-dad over for a Mother's Day lunch. Madison even helped a lot with that and served my lunch. Awesome! The rest of the day we took naps in between watching episodes from How I Met Your Mother.

I love my kids and I love being a mother.

Thank you Madison, Parker and Jensen! Oh and I can't forget Otto and Daisy because they also signed the gift certificate:)

3 comments: