Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Other Side of Sorrow

Sometimes others have words that describe what I am feeling better than I do.

"For what it's worth, this is my experience: at the very moment of my deepest sorrows, no words, no songs, no inspirational thoughts or sympathy card sayings have ever penetrated my grief and brought comfort to my soul. Later, perhaps, and only little by little have those healing tools helped me, but never when the hurt was the greatest. It's been on the journey to the other side of sorrow that the songs and stories of those who've made it there themselves have had the greatest impact." Michael McClean

These are the words on one of his CDs. It really resonated with me. Most days I feel like I am past my deepest sorrows. And then Blam! Not so much. Luckily, the grief doesn't last as long. I would like to think that I am on the journey to the other side of sorrow. The healing tools are starting to work.

I haven't been able to listen to the CD yet because I'm afraid. It gives me comfort though, to know that I'm not alone. Someone else has been there and survived.

1 comment:

nanamoo said...

"the other side of sorrow"...as sad as those words are, and they are truly sad, there is a blessing in them as well, the hope that there can be another side of sorrow and I am "hoping" to find you there more and more often :) because you are amazzzing.