Sunday, October 26, 2008

Warped

This is a picture of me right after Lew and I got married in 1986 in front of our first basement aprartment in Provo. Check out the 80's do.



In our book club last month, we were discussing how the world perceives beauty and thinness as being so important. We also discussed how we perceive ourselves and how warped that perception usually is. I always considered myself to be a big fat tub of goo. Here is proof that I haven't always been. Since I thought it for so long I guess that is where I am now. I'm going to do some positive affirmations and change the tapes in my head. I am thin and lovely and of good report.

4 comments:

Jordan Mathews said...

Oh my squash, that is such a beautiful picture of you and it doesnt matter how big the person is, because beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!

nanamoo said...

Yeah for book club!

Melody said...

Yes, you are!

SpaceyKasey said...

You're a hot mama. I'm looking for legwarmers? No.

That hairdo combined with the words "basement apartment" and "Provo" make me smile. I can just imagine you two taking that place by storm. I HAVE to see an old picture of Lew, now. Please please please.