
Today I got one of the biggest paychecks of my teaching career. This is my "Little Buddy". When he came to our school he was very angry and aggressive. I latched on to him immediately and he became "my buddy". I showered him with love and stability. I worried about him if I took a day off. I cried when he was suspended after only a week at our school. Even though I only work with him for half an hour a day this year, the other teachers consider him "my buddy" and give me updates on how he is doing.
I was reviewing his vocabulary words with him. One of the words was priorities. We discussed his priorities as a second grader. His priority is to pass the second grade and move onto third. I asked him what my priority is. I figured he would say to teach him or help him with his work. He said, "You love me Ms. Clayton". It was so rewarding to know that my efforts have paid off. His behavior has improved so much and I love him to pieces. I am glad that I can make a difference in his life. He has made a difference in my life.
8 comments:
Outstanding!
You're the best! seriously.
That deserves an "Atta Boy!" and a big thank you. I give you a lot of credit - being a teacher - I barely made it volunteering for a couple of hours.
How rewarding! They say a child will turn around if they know they are loved and cared about.
That made me cry. You're my hero, Claytizzle Girl!
I would have started balling my eyes out!
Deb, this is so awesome- melted my heart! Keep up the good work!
What a great teacher you are. Touching story, thanks.
aw, hes a cutie. thats so sweet...everybody loves claytizzle queen!
Post a Comment