Thursday, July 8, 2010

Girls Night In!





Tonight at Young Women's the moms and the yw played a game similar to the Newlywed Game. This is what I found out about Jensen.


  1. Her favorite food is cornbread, as in Grandma's. I guessed Chicken Alfredo.
  2. Her favorite candy is Starbursts...I guessed Baby Bottle Pops.
  3. If she had to cook dinner, she would make Mac N' Cheese... I guessed Pizza Rolls.
  4. Her least favorite chore is doing the dishes. I got this one right! Everyone in this house hates doing dishes!
  5. Her dream car is a punch buggy (VW), painted like a Bumble Bee. I got this one right!
  6. He favorite place to shop is CVS...I guessed Kohl's because I was thinking clothes shopping. My favorite place is also CVS so I am glad we can enjoy that together.
  7. The place she most wants to go is to sleep...I put the beach because before we answered she said that we wanted to go to the same place. I was confused. I didn't think she wanted to go to the beach because of the whole jellyfish incident. The place she guessed for me was to sleep at the beach. I guess to sleep is the place we both want to go. LOL!

I know a lot of her likes and dislikes I just don't know her favorites. I think it is hard to pin down favorites, there are so many choices. I also think favorites can change.

For the second game, we poured ourselves some M & M's out of a cup. However many we chose is how many nice things we had to say about our teammate. I chose 21 M & M's. We only got to share 3 things but here is my list of things I like/admire/love about Jensen.

  1. She is funny. Oh man, she is funny. This is a requirement for living in our house, so she gets to stay. She has learned the humor skill very well.
  2. She is a good friend. I've seen her interact with her friends and she loves and cares about them.
  3. Jensen loves the gospel. She is always eager to learn and do what is right.
  4. Jensen is smart. She does well at school. For 8th grade she earned a high school credit in science.
  5. She is cute and beautiful. Sometimes I just look at her and am amazed at how beautiful she is.
  6. Jensen is a mad trombone player. I am impressed that she picked the trombone to play and she does it very well.
  7. Jensen sings very well. She won't sing in public but when she is at home, she belts it out.
  8. Jensen has a sense of style. She puts her outfits together and they are cute and modest.
  9. Jensen is a good sister. She loves her sister Madison and her brother Parker very much. She gets along well with both of them.
  10. She is very loving. She still lets her snuggle with her at night and still gives us kisses good-bye.
  11. She is very organized. I'll come home and the linen closet will be cleaned and organized.
  12. She likes to clean, except dishes. One year for Christmas she wanted a cleaning cart. Santa didn't get it for her because there were other things to get that year and he didn't think she was serious. He thought it was just a phase. She expressed her disappointment and asked for it again the next year. Santa obliged.
  13. Jensen loves all animals. If mother would let her she would bring home all of the strays. For her 7th birthday, she took her money and adopted Daisy from the Cat Protection Society. It didn't matter that Daisy had a bum eye. We turned it into something positive and said it was magical.
  14. Jensen loves babies. If mother would let her she would bring home all of the strays. When I help out with Daniel Higley at church, Jensen laughs the whole time. He's so cute.
  15. She is thoughtful. She knows just the right thing to say or do to make your day better.
  16. She is creative. She likes all craft projects and does them well. Her specialty is the sculpy clay.
  17. Jensen is a great missionary. She's not afraid of who she is. She does it quietly by her example but she also opens her mouth and invites her friends to church. All of her non-member friends know the church she belongs to and I think every single one of them hasbeen to church with her.
  18. Adventurous. Jensen likes to try new things, go new places.
  19. Jensen loves to read. I love that she loves to read because I love to read.
  20. Laugh. You might think this is the same as #1 but it's not. Jensen loves to laugh. She does not have to be the only one who is funny. If you are funny, she will laugh at you also.
  21. Obedient. Jensen always does what we ask her to do. Not perfectly but she is really agreeable and will eventually do as asked.

I'm glad I got to spend the evening with Jensen and get to know her better. I'm so blessed to have her as a daughter.





2 comments:

nanamoo said...

I just loved that blog about Jensen and I think she is every bit as wonderful as all that :)

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

I love your list about Jensen! What an awesome girl. :0)