Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nauvoo-Day 2

DSCF5264 DSCF5265 DSCF5266 DSCF5267DSCF5270DSCF5271

Today we drove, and drove, and drove, and drove.

The only highlights we had were stopping to eat. We started out with a yummy breakfast at the motel. I love Belgian waffles. I think I had them everyday. I was impressed with the kids. They all got up and got ready in a timely manner.

We made it to Cadiz, Kentucky for lunch at Subway. There were a lot of restaurants together so some of the kids walked over to Wendy's. I thought the town was pronounced Cuh-diz so I asked the girl at the counter. She said it was Kay-dees. Who knew?

I guess the other highlight that did not involve food was getting stuck in rush hour traffic in St. Louis. Ugh! I remember St. Louis being so ugly before. It hasn't changed in two years. I just think it is the armpit of America. Brandon said the St. Louis temple was the deodorant. :)

Originally we thought we might make it in time to see the pageant tonight but this jam up put us behind.

We made it to the motel about 8:00. The boys were anxious to swim. We left them with their chaperone and the girls went across the street and found a Panera Bread. Sister Ingalls was excited because it was not there the last time she was there. I didn't care. I just wanted food. It was tasty.

When we got back to the hotel, some of us joined the boys in the pool. It was not fun until they left. Then we relaxed and enjoyed the pool and the Jacuzzi.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I knew how it was pronounced. ;)