I almost canceled my appointment with the rheumatologist today. I haven't had any pain since the last steroid pack. His office is all the way in Altamonte, I had to take a day off of work, I was afraid of what my co-payment would be because I haven't met my dedcutible this year, I hate getting established as a new patient and a myriad of other reasons.
I decided to go anyway. Since I had the day off I decided to go to the divorce lawyer too. That's a different blog, probably not one I'll share anyway.
My mom rode with me so the drive wasn't too bad. After lots of poking and prodding, which in retrospect, makes me laugh, he said that it was probably a reaction to a virus I had. The only way to know for sure is to wait and see if it returns. If the pain doesn't return, it was viral. If it does, then, well I guess it will be more poking and prodding.
He went ahead and took more blood and a urine sample. I don't know what else there is to test for, but I guess that's why I'm not a doctor. I go back in a month to find out the results of those tests.
I should have crossed my fingers because I have been having pain in my right thigh and my left wrist the past few days. I didn't tell him that. I don't know why. Maybe because I feel like I am crazy already and he will just diagnose me with more crazy. It seems like no one believes me anyway. When I try to explain it, it sounds non-sensical and the other person usually has a puzzled look on their face. Maybe the pain is just old age.
My own professional diagnosis is that I was abducted by aliens, a chip inserted and then my body rejected it.
All I know for sure is that I don't want the pain that I had before to come back. It was a nightmare.
2 comments:
I don't want that pain to come back to you either. I'll tell you what, the viruses going around this year are doing weird stuff to people!
I'm thinking you're gonna be good to go here real soon. About to hit your 'quota' of 'issues'.
Post a Comment