Sunday, February 22, 2009

East Side versus West Side

I received a phone call that no parent wants to get. The mother of one of Parker's friends called and said she wanted to let us know what happened with the boys. She had actually called Lew's phone and I was listening. Lew said, "Is he alive?" Of course, my heart drops to my toes. I said, "Tell me what she is saying!" He said, "Hold on!" The he gasped a few more times. In my angry voice I said, "Tell me!" When he got off the phone he told me that George and Parker had been robbed at gun point. One kid held a gun to Parker's chest and the other kid held one to his head and demanded that he empty his pockets. Parker told them no. (he got fussed at about that). Then the kids hit him in the head with the gun. He said it felt like plastic but the other gun looked real. Regardless, George's mother called the poe-lice. We went and got Parker and brought him home to his nest. This morning we got out Parker's yearbooks and he was able to identify one of them. Eustis' finest are on the case. Hopefully, they will be found and justice served.

1 comment: