I had an a-ha moment at church. It finally sunk in about how to give a pure testimony. Before I go up to give my testimony, I always worry about what I am going to say. Is it going to be clever? Is it going to be witty? Is it going to be poignant and touch someone's life. Do I have a story to go with it? It was always about what I was going to say and not what the spirit was going to say. After last week's lesson from Prseident Carter about the MTC and telling the missionaries to bear a pure testimony. The meeting started and a few missionaries gave their testimonies, which were not pure testimonies. Whoever was conducting/presiding stood up and said you guys are not getting it and he told them again how to bear a pure testimony. He said that even though everyone said basically the same thing, he had never felt the spirit more strongly. I decide to put it to the test. It was amazing. I was able to actually listen to the other testimonies and benefit from them. When I felt it was my turn, I already knew what I was going to say. I did not have to fret or worry. AAAHHH! It was so easy.
It was also an extra special day because Jensen received her first calling, 2nd Counselor in the Beehive class. She was set apart by Bishop Berge and Brother shofkom.
6 comments:
I thought your testimony was just perfect :)
Kewl I am now 1st counselor in Laurels. Yeah I went up to bare my testimony and yeah my heart was going so fast I could barely speak cause I was out of breath! But it was alright!
I missed it? Guess I'll have to wait until next month. :)
I'm sure it was wonderful.
You know this kind of approach to giving my testimony has actually gotten me out of my seat quite a few times in the last few years. I used to worry about what I would say and then worry about forgetting to say something, and so I would never get up. Now I pretty much know before the meeting that I'll be getting up, I have now idea what I'll be saying and when I'm finished and sit down I can't remember everything I've said ... Most always after the meeting someone will come up and thank me for saying something and I'll have to ask them what it was I said and they will remind me, It surprises me sometimes when I hear what they say. Amen ...
why didn't you guys tell me about Jensen? You guys hate me...
This is Kirstie's mom, not Kirstie. I wanted to tell you that I was really touched by your testimony. I should have told you that earlier!
Post a Comment