Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Are you really there?

Do you know what else is weird? The Primary song, "A Child's Prayer". Not the song but the fact that I only know the first sentence. "Heavenly Father, are you really there?" That's all I remember. I never did learn the whole song. It seems that is how my prayers start out every night. I sing that part of the song. Sometimes I don't know what I believe. And then I remember. Yeah, He's there.
(Don't judge me because that's the only part of the song I know)

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

oh dear...remind me Not to teach that song to the kids...Heavenly Father comes up much later in that song.

The song that has been in my head lately is the chorus to Let us all Press On. "Fear not, though the enemy deride. Courage, for the Lord is on our side."

Try it ;)

Melody said...

I can teach it to you if you like...

He is there! For me, I just sometimes have to listen a little harder to hear him. I'm not saying that is how it is for you, just me. :)