Last Friday, we took Madison to the airport. Her flight left at 6:30 am. Yes, am. So we had to get up at 3:45 and leave by 4:15. There was no way we were going to heed the advice to get there two hours before your flight leaves. We were going to take a chance with 45 minutes.
On Thursday night, I had to work until 8. When I got home, I had to spend every last second with Madison. It had been a year since I had last seen her and it might be another year before I see her again. We had dinner, I helped her finish packing, we played Monopoly Deal. Before we knew it it was 1 am. We decided we all wanted to get a couple of hours of a nap. Of course, that was in vain, but we gave it a shot.
We got her safely to the airport with time to spare. It was sad to see her go. I really enjoyed spending time with her. I love her so much.
Ok, back to the story. This is supposed to be funny. I don't like to use my sick or personal days unless I absolutely have to. I was gonna muddle through Friday even half dead. On to school I went.
I teach 6th grade science during 5th period. My co-teacher and I are trying to teach them the skill of note-taking. They were grumbling and complaining about the copious notes.
Student: "Will we have to take notes in 8th grade?"
Me: "Yes!" "And on Florida Writes that you take in the 8th grade you have to write a several paragraph essay like you did in 4th grade, so get used to writing."
Student: "Aren't there different kinds of essays? Like narrative?..."
Me: "Yes, narrative and suppository and persuasive..."
I keep writing notes on the board and then it hits me.
I turn around to my co-teacher, "Did I just say suppository?"
She is laughing hysterically.
Me: "I guess I did! I guess that is what happens when I get two hours of sleep!"
2 comments:
Love it!
Lawyers use the suppository form of writing a lot. Judges respond to it. It works best when "published" while blowing smoke.
Post a Comment