Approximately 17 years ago we got our first computer. Our friend Kim Spears came over and got us set up. We brainstormed what our online identity would be. It needed to represent Lew and I and it needed to be somewhat professional because I was going to be doing a graphic design business. We came up with debilew5. My name, Lew's name and there were 5 people in our family. (Now that I think about it, debilew was our original identity. The 5 was added sometime after Jensen was born) I'm pretty sure Kim came up with it. She said it was like Desilu at the end of "I Love Lucy", a combination of Desi Arnaz, Jr. and Lucille Ball. She said those two were almost as funny as Lew and I.
Debilew5 became our identity for EVERYTHING! Bank accounts, emails, utilities, church roster, the list is endless it seems. As I approach this new phase of my life I realize that I need to change my online identity. After much thought and consideration I came up with debiphoenix352. It's still me and the other half is my personal identity at this time in my life. (See name change post) The 352 is my area code. I know, lame but still kinda gangsta. When I was trying names the computer kept coming back with "This logon is taken, taken, taken" or "not strong enough" so I had to add numbers and my area code was what came into my mind.
I am spending my time retiring the Debilew5. It served it's purpose and now it's time to move on. This task is going to take a while. My therapist said that she has been divorced 5 years and she just had to contact her ex because his name was still on the Sun Pass account. We don't realize the how enmeshed we are in someones life until we have to unenmesh. (Is that a word? it is today)
1 comment:
That really is the truth. Good luck.
Post a Comment