I've tried to avoid this as long as possible because I break out in tears when I think about it, but it's time to say goodbye to three of my favorite people. I thought about naming this entry a Farewell to Friends, but I don't want this to be a farewell. I want it to be a 'see ya later'. I know it will be.
I just want to share some of my favorite memories.
Brianna Carter-
Driving to Apopka and jammin' to the tunes, laughing hysterically, having dinner in Apopka's ghetto, shopping, Rebounderz, the beach, texting, sharing her testimony with me at Adam-ondi-Ahman
Debbie Carter-
going to the temple, book club, serving in Young Women-listening to her lessons, she's an amazing teacher! Blogging-I love reading her blogs. Her example has kept me blogging even with long gaps in my posts. It's a way for me to write my personal history. When I post, I look forward to her comments. I'm pretty sure she is my most avid commenter.
Her husband once counseled me that I needed to make friends with people that had strong testimonies. I picked Debbie. (I'm sure he regrets that counsel). I borrowed strength from her testimony when mine was wavering. She has proven trustworthy and non-judgmental. She has listened to me rant and rave and carry on, whether it was through e-mails or chatting while we walk. We talked about everything from families, to politics, to gospel doctrine. She's a great cheerleader. She set an example for my by serving a service mission. Now serving is on my bucket list. I want to be like Debbie when I grow up.
Doug-
My favorite thing to do is rib him about his lame Jet Ski driving skills and how he can't dump me into the lake.
President Carter, as my Stake President, spent countless hours counseling me when I was downtrodden. Most of the time we sat knee-to-knee. (How could I not be obedient, right?) He pushed me to grow spiritually and to raise the bar. He once gave me a blessing and in the blessing he said I needed to have charity. I was pretty sure he was mistaken. I mulled it over for a few days. I finally called him and asked, "Are you sure that's right? I'm supposed to have charity?' He said, "Yes, that is correct." Even though I knew the definition of charity, and I feel like I have a charitable heart, I had never really been tested on it. So I prayed for charity. It took a while, but it finally came. He was right. That's what I needed and it's what the Lord wanted for me. President Carter was there for me, day or night. He often knew what I was thinking and feeling without me even telling him, or without me even knowing myself. I know he had this power because of his calling, but I also think it is one of his spiritual gifts. If I was able to choose a brother, it would be Doug Carter.
So now, as you leave on the next chapter of your lives, I bid you adieu. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Til we meet again...
2 comments:
I just figured out how to get Internet at the MTC! Thank you for such kind words. You know we love you!!!!
They are all amazing individualls. I'm with you, I can't think about it as 'goodbye'. It is definitely a 'see you later'.
Post a Comment