Monday, July 14, 2008

First Night in Nauvoo

Tired little children after three days on the road.
We took Janet with us on many of our adventures.

This is the well that Marty built. Some local businessmen commissioned

him to build a replica of the well that is in front of the Joseph Smith House.

He's not quite finished but I think it looks terrific.

The Nauvoo Temple at Night

The Joseph and Hyrum statue in front of the temple. This depicts their last ride out of Nauvoo.

We finally arrived in Nauvoo on Monday night about 8:30pm. We had just enough time to stroll downtown and take a gander at the temple. What an absolutely beautiful sight. I hope the people who live here do not start "not seeing" the temple because they see it so often. It was a wonderful sight to see first thing in the morning and the last thing at night. It is right smack dab in the middle of downtown.

1 comment:

nanamoo said...

I am glad to see more of your adventures in Nauvoo. Cool well, as well!