Sunday, July 13, 2008

Do The Hustle



Hannegan's








We stopped in St. Louis and had lunch at Hannegan’s Restaurant and Pub. They have delicious sandwiches. I felt like everyone knew our name. “Hannegan's is named for one of Missouri's leading New Deal politicians, St. Louis' "big boss" Robert E. Hannegan. Each table or booth displays a plaque inscribed with the name of a senator who voted to repeal Prohibition.”

We walked across the street to visit the arch. I tried to talk the kids into going up in it but had no takers. When we were leaving, Jensen said she would go but by then we didn’t want to spend the time or money. On the way out of the park, Lew and the kids were walking ahead taking pictures. Then I saw him…the hustler. He started running towards Lew. I thought, “Oh No!, we’re all going to die”. He told Lew that down by the lake there was a beautiful spot with the arch in the background that makes the perfect picture. He told Lew to follow him and he would show him. We followed the nice gentleman like sheep to a slaughter. He offered to take a picture of all of us. My next thought, of course, was there goes our camera. Madison said her battery was dead. Lew thought to give him a less expensive camera that we had with us. He took our picture and then asked for a couple of bucks. We obliged. My next thought was, “Thank you for not killing us.” I forgot to add that about a hundred feet from the picture spot was another shady character. My thought was, “Oh, no, there is his partner that is gonna help dispose of the bodies.” All in all he was a very nice hustler. I’ll have to get the pictures off of the other camera.

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

LOL...scary! Love the arch pictures that you posted, they are excellent.

JMEK said...

Loved Jensen's song (Bad Day)
she needs to do more