Sunday, July 13, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm...


We would see miles and miles of corn fields and right in the middle would be a McDonalds sign. This was one of them.



This is a picuture that we found of Lew. We didn't realize he had a second job. He never vacuums our car.

It’s so hard to get caught up on blogging after getting behind on while on vacation. I’ll try to hit all of the highlights.

We left at 6:00pm on Saturday, July 12. We only made it as far as Tifton, Georgia. We laugh at ourselves because we just aren’t very good travelers. We have to make several pit stops because of irritable bowels and overactive bladders. I know that is probably more than you want to know about us, but hey, we’re all friends, right? I won’t tell you who has what, keep you guessing about some things.

The second night we made it to Clarksville, TN. We took, “The Last Train to Clarksville”, (The Monkees, 1966) after a stop at a book store to buy an atlas. Mapquest was driving us crazy, they don’t give enough details.

5 comments:

nanamoo said...

Love the picture of Lew. Know the song...LOL

Jordan Mathews said...

That looks just like him. see ya later!

Danette Garrett said...

All Lew needs is the mustache.

Melody said...

My mother grew up near Clarksville in Hopkinsville, KY. She went to college there too.

Love the picture of Lew.

SpaceyKasey said...

Yippee! I was hoping to see pictures on here from the trip.

I laughed hard at Lew's pic.

Sad to have missed book club because I expected to hear tales of your adventure.