I love words and everything about them. I'm always trying to learn new ones. A friend and I were having a discussion the other day. I said, "jilted". He said, "deceived." I said, "How about hoodwinked?" He said, "Ooo that's a good one." I heard the word hoodwinked on a TV show later in the week so I decided to look it up and find others. I found a ton! Some were inappropriate or naughty but here are some of my favorites.
scam, con, hustle, gambit, flimflam, stratagem, bamboozle, hoax, travesty, deception, trickery, lampoon, bluff, mockery, befuddle, circumvent, hornswoggle, puzzle, stump, bilk, fleece, rook, gyp, caboodle, finagle, sandbag, do a number on, dupe, delude, gouge, victimize, cajole, falsify, take for a ride, take to the cleaners, embezzle, dust, spoof, snow, sting
After hoodwinked, my favorites are bamboozled, flimflam and hornswoggled. I'm going to try and use them in a sentence this week.
1 comment:
hornswoggled!
Post a Comment