Sunday, February 6, 2011

Un-niversary

Today was supposed to be my 25th wedding anniversary. We were supposed to go on a cruise. We were supposed to get an ugly piece of china with a big silver "25" in the middle from our kids. We were supposed to do a lot of things.

We won't. I doubt we will even trade pleasantries. We're on a talking hiatus, per my request. We haven't "talked" since December 1st.

What I will do instead:

My idea is to stay in bed all day and mourn and have a pity party.

My therapist's idea is to take the day off and pamper myself.

My psyche's idea is to not acknowledge the day at all. Just do my regular routine and not define the day in any way. He said it is not a day of remembrance anymore and I will be making new dates to celebrate.

I think I like my psyche's suggestion the best. I will try it, or maybe I will combine them all. I'll go to work, come home and take a nap, and then have a pity party tonight.

Anyone want to come to my party?

No comments: