Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weak Things Become Strong

While I am traveling this rebuilding journey called my life, I've had to rediscover who I am, what I believe and who I want to become. Although I love to blame others and make excuses for my behaviors, the truth of the matter is I have to take responsibility for my actions. At the end of the day, it's me.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me, and have faith in men, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

In 12-step programs they call it a searching and fearless moral inventory.

Actually, I was doing neither. I wasn't searching and I wasn't going to Heavenly Father in humility. But...my weakness was shown to me in a glaring light. Whether I liked it or not. And I didn't like it! Not one little bit. I was served a big ol' piece of humble pie. I finally admitted my weakness to myself. I got honest with myself and the others involved. I immediately made ammends. I just hope they believe me and trust me to make changes.

I am thankful for grace. I need a bucketful to wash down my weaknesses.

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

...as do we all! Well said.

Melody said...

Looking inside is the hardest thing for many of us to do. It is really hard when we don't like what we see.
I love you. xoxo