Monday, July 25, 2011

Go ME!

During the last few years I have not been stepping on a scale much, as you can clearly see. I have been eating whatever I want. I figured that I needed comfort and the only way I was going to get that was with food. Apparently, I have thought that way for several years.

When things started going sour with my marriage, I started seeing a psychiatrist. He put me on anti-depressants. I'm sure these had something to do with SOME of the weight gain. I knew it was a side effect, but I didn't care. I knew I needed the anti-depressants at the time to help keep me alive. I tried several different anti-depressants; I think four to be exact. I quit each ones for various reasons from side effects to cost. The last on I was on made me have high blood pressure. I've never had high blood pressure in my entire life. In the meantime, the psychiatrist also put me on a sleep medication. I noticed that with a good night's sleep that I wasn't as depressed, as frenetic, as anxious, or have as many racing thoughts. It was also the time that I had that debilitating virus. It was also the time when issues in my life were starting to resolve themselves. I thought it would be a good time to go off of the anti-depressants. It was.

During recent weeks, on occasion, I would step on the scale. I noticed that I had lost a pound or two here and there. I would think, "hmmm, it's a light day," or "hmmm...I'm sure I will gain it back." The scale kept going down and I wasn't even trying.

Sooo...I decided to try! This week I have been making myself aware of calorie intake. I have been exercising, even if it's in the Florida heat! I have been drinking lots of water. I only eat when I am hungry. If I have to eat my emotions I try to make it nutritionally dense calories. The scale continues to go down. This week I celebrated a 10 pound weight loss by buying (on clearance) a hot pink workout shirt for me and a matching one for Madison and Jensen! When I am finished I hope to look as hot as my friend Melody Shipley.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Go you! Go you! Go you! I'm so happy for you. You will look hotter than that Melody Shipley friend of yours! Go you!

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited for you! :0)

nanamoo said...

Yeah for you!!!!

Liz said...

That is SO awesome! I need to follow your example!!