Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kayak-yak-yaking




Jensen woke me up at 6:30 and we sported our new workout shirts and we went for a two mile walk. I have been reading about High Intensity Interval Training so we incorporated some of that.

Sister Mann wanted to have Melena over for one last breakfast before the Garretts move to Wyoming. Since Melena and Jensen are salt and pepper shakers, she invited Jensen too. Danette, Camryn and I were lucky enough to tag along. Sister Mann makes the "best" breakfasts, let me tell you. Pancakes, French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, and orange rolls for dessert. Yum!

As soon as Danette dropped me off at my house her mom, Dana came to pick me up. We were off to Anastasia State Park for a Single Adult activity. When we got there, we walked down to the beach to call everyone to lunch. I took a dip in the ocean and it was splendid. It was so hot outside but the water was nice and cool. We had a tasty lunch and then Dana and I were off to rent kayaks.

I had never been kayaking but it has been on my bucket list. Dana wasn't sure if she was gonna go. She didn't at first but once she saw how much fun I was gonna have she told me to wait up.

The water was absolutely beautiful. It was actually in an inlet so we didn't have to fight the waves or the sharks. They told us we could go around the bend to the light house. I paddled over and could see the lighthouse and got fairly close but saw no reason to go right up to it. Plus, being the frugal person that I am, I didn't want to rent the kayak for more than an hour. I just paddled around and sometimes I would sit and the let the water carry us. It was very calm and serene. The whole time I was kayaking saw flying fish come up out of the water. Sometimes they were right close. On the way back to shore I saw a school of about three or four dolphins. They were only about 50 feet away. It was amazing. I watched them for a while and it looked like they were really in school. They traveled several hundred feet and then one of them turned around like he/she was the teacher.

As soon as Dana dropped me off, I jumped in the shower and then a few minutes later Danette picked me up. Roxanne Ingalls had invited the girls over who had helped serve dinner at the High Council Chritstmas party. It was Nellie, Nashua, Jensen, Melena and Lauren. Luckily, the mothers were invited. We had yummy Navajo tacos and fruit crepes. After eating, we played a card game.

It was a long, eventful day. No weight loss but lots of yummy food, exercise and fun friends. Zip-lining is the next fun adventure for me and Dana. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Robin @ Bird On A Cake said...

Kayaking sounds fun. I would especially love to see dolphins up close!

Liz said...

Awesome! Where are you going Zip-lining? I did that in New Zealand and am dying to do it again!